This line was opened in 1960, much later that the relative lines in the same area. The main intent were twofolds:
- serve the important city of Gaziantep which was not linked to any railway and which is now one of the biggest city in Turkey.
- provide a link to Karkamış and beyond without entering Syrian territory, fixing a cumbersome working that lasted since 1918.
|0||Narlı||Turning loop for direct connection to Malatya|
|174,9||Karkamış||Junction with the lines Karkamış to Nusaybin and Çobanbey to Karkamış|