Web links about Turkish rail
Official Turkish sites
- Türkiye Cumhuriyeti Devlet Demiryollari (in Turkish and English)
- Türkiye Raylı Sistem Araçları Sanayii Anonim Şirketi (Türasaş)
- Rayder Association of Rail Transport Systems
Private sites with specific Turkish Railways Interest
- RailTurkey Articles about the railway World in Turkey, written in English and Turkish
- Ergin Tönük Homepage In Turkish but many of the photo a self explanatory. Ergin's site is quite complementary to this site, covering most aspect about TCDD.
- Drehscheibe A German forum where Turkey is often discussed (in the section "Historische Bahn") with many pictures.
The most interesting thread are listed here: Best of Drehscheibe.
- European Railway Server Turkish page This page contains many more pictures from the regular contributors to this site. Most recommended to visit.
- Loco-photos.net The extensive photo collection of Phil Wormald with many high quality recent pictures of Turkey
- 1974.TrainsofTurkey Steam in the 1970's live again thanks to 500+ pictures from Robin Lush.
- Everything about Turkish Railway on Flickr
- Bulent Karaca mechanical signalling website (In Turkish, more pictures from a TCDD mechanical signalling insider) **
- Orhan Berent Kitapligi the current scene in Izmir area (in Turkish)
- Kentvedemiryolu.com in Turkish by a group trying to protect historical memory in Turkey
- The Restoration and Archiving Trust Somes of the pictures held by the trust are presented in this site.
- Richie's Homepage (In Dutch, see his pictures from Turkey in the "Foto" section)
- Herzogmann Some photography in Turkey.
- Steam Locomotives Worlwide, Alexandre Gillieron Gallery
- Le Lococomtive dit Turchia and Le Ferrovie di Turchia
- Bahnbilder.ch High quality pictures about Turkey, in German.
- Turkey by Johannes J. Smit
- Railhoo An excellent German language page with 200+ pictures about Turkey
- HQ pictures of Steam in Turkey in the 80s by Karel(approve sites)
- General Motors EMD Export (see the Turkish GMs)
- GE Export Page (see the Turkish GEs)
- International Steam Locomotives / Turkey
- Trainspotting Bükkes trainspotting in Europe. One of the best map collection online, see the Balkans in particular
- Enthusiast's Guide to Travelling the Railways of Europe (read about the obscure Turkish lines)
- Trains-worldexpresses.com Very comprehensive website. Of interest to us the section about Orient Express and Taurus Express
- Ottoman railways on Wikipedia
- Levantine Heritage Foundation many documentation about Izmir and Istanbul
- Rami Koç Museum official website
- The South Tynedale Railway home of one on the last Henschel "Bagdadbau" loco
- Darmsdadt Kranichstein Museum home of 44079
- Gloucestershire Warwickshire Railway home of 45160
- The Stanier 8F Locomotive Society
Traveling to Turkey by rail
- Turkey travel planner by Tom Brosnahan. Be sure to check his tips about trains in Turkey in the Transport section. This site is highty recommended.
- The Man in seat Sixty One: how to reach Turkey and other places by rail. Also some usefull information about travelling inside Turkey and beyond to Iran, Georgia, …
- Enthusiast's Guide to Travelling the Railways of Europe (EGTRE) with some usefull information.
Modeling and Train simulator
E-groups & Forum
Google Mail Groups
- Modeltrenciler.com A very active Turkish language forum about modeling
- World Diesel Loco Turkish stock is often discussed.
- European Rail Gen the European mailing list. TCDD reports are often posted there.
Light rail and metro
- City rail transit editor of a book a city rail transit atlas of Istanbul
- Tramturk on Flickr A small site specific about Turkey (in Turkish and English).
- Funimag Istanbul Tünel on Funimag (in French)