DE22001 to DE22086
- Axle: Co'Co'
- Total quantity: 86
- First year: 1985 / 87
- Manufacturer: Tülomsaş / General Motors (USA)
- Remark: GM Type G26CW-2;
These locomotives were assembled in Turkey, by Tülomsaş under a General Motors license. They belong to the large GM family of GT26, the export variant of the hugely popular GP38. They have a diesel engine type GM 16 645 E (16 cylinders, direct injection), an AC alternator type AR10/D18 and a DC electric traction motors: D77-DC.
The main design change is the addition of a multiple unit (MU) capability on some unit. The MU socket is located above the number plate, in front of the cab. Another minor design change is the shape of the buffers. Early units have original GM oval shape buffers. Later unit have Tülomsaş rectangle shape buffer.
- A green livery was used on some engines but dropped quickly. DE22046, DE22051 are confirmed in green livery in the mid 1990s. The body is green, the frame, under frame and roof are silver gray. The current livery is all red except the frame, the under frame and the roof which are silver. This livery is the most commonly seen.
- The red livery has two known variants:
- For some engines, the roof is painted red instead of silver. This seems to be an early livery set to disappear.
- DE22075 has 2 a blue lines all around the body, one just above the frame, another below the roof.
|Power rating||1620 KW / 2200 HP|
|Overall length||18,94 m|
|Engine type||GM 16 645E|
|AC Alternator type||AR10/D18|
|Traction motors type||D77-DC|
|Max Tractive effort||440 KN|
|Max speed||120 Km/h|
|TCDD number||GM Number||Year||Remark|
|DE22001 to DE22039||838074-1 to 39||1985|
|DE22040 to DE22044||848001-1 to 5||1985||PKD|
|DE22045 to DE22051||849001-1 to 7||1987||PKD|
|DE22052 to DE22071||879004-1 to 29||1988||PKD|
|DE22072 to DE22086||879004-21 to 35||1989||PKD|
DE22049 leaving Polcatli on train to Izmir. 2006. Recording Phil Wormald